Raised Floor Systems
Server Rooms require the ability to effectively distribute power to racks, data cables, and cooling (i.e. air, water, coolant). Therefore, Server Room designers need to consider how best to distribute these services throughout the server room while also considering how best to address future requirements such as growth, increased demand for data distribution, and technological advances in cooling approaches.
Server room raised floors are the hallmark of the high-availability enterprise data center, and with good reason. For many companies, the presentation of their server room is an important part of facility tours for key customers. Data centers and server rooms without raised floors are perceived as being incomplete or less than state of the art.
The raised floor systems within server rooms provide the following:
- A distribution system for conditioned cold air
- Tracks, conduits, and/or supports for data cabling
- Conduits for power cabling
- A copper ground grid for grounding of equipment
- A location to run chilled water and/or other CRAC piping